I live in a converted barn. When we first started working on it, I learned about supporting walls. These are walls you can’t knock down unless you put a beam in, and walls you can’t move. And walls that need a lot of structural support.
We had a few. They were the bane of my existence. There were walls where I didn’t want them to be. Coming up with a floor plan was daunting.
Finally, I had a Eurkea! Moment. I found the floor plan that worked for everything I wanted except one thing.
The main entrance to my house, the front door, opened into my kitchen.
I’ve been crazed. It’s been a comedy of errors with both the AT&T iPhone and the Frontier DSL. The upshot of which has been I have either been without WiFi or without Internet for most of a week.
Crazed, I tell you.
At 10:30 or so last night, I finally got a person a Frontier, after multiple phone calls, that could wave the magic wand to get my new router to actually route stuff. Woo Hoo! We’re cooking with gas now.
The AT&T debacle is 99% my fault. I threw away the shipping materials to send my trade-in to them. They can’t seem to retrieve the numbers necessary to recreate the shipping materials because the store I bought the iPhone 8 from is closed due to COVID-19. Yeah, I don’t understand either but it is what it is. So now, I have to wait for the threatening letter or additional charges or something to get it all worked out. The guy at AT&T was just great.
So were the folks at Frontier.
I’m used to technology being screwy in my barn. I attribute the fact that I have a tin roof on part of the house as the reason.
But my new phone is finally set up and operating. My WiFi and Internet both work. I’m happy for the moment.